Users can connect from anywhere in their homes using Netgear extender setup, which also expands the wireless range of their existing routers. Many people aren’t aware that they may set up their Netgear extender as an access point, though. The Netgear extender transmits entirely new WiFi signals that are stronger than those in the extender mode when it is set up in the access point mode. To put it another way, setting up a Netgear extender access point enables your WiFi device to act as a hotspot for other devices connected to your home network.
Advantages of the Netgear Extender Access Point
When you have a lot of networking devices in addition to plenty of guests, installing a range extender as an access point will be quite helpful. Your extension can support additional devices when it serves as an access point, giving you the freedom to browse the internet even in the darkest parts of your house. Additionally, the Netgear extender access point has many benefits, some of which are listed below:
- They can be set up wherever there is a wired router connection.
- You can restrict guest access in access point mode without compromising network security.
- The quality of the network is unaffected.
- Let’s move on to the procedures for setting up the Netgear extender as an access point.
Note:- if you need any help regarding your wifi extender follow on the screen steps given for your wifi range extender. For more information visit official website that is mywifiext.net
How Do I Set Up a Netgear Extender Access Point?
You may easily set up a Netgear extender access point using mywifiext by following the instructions shown below:
- Start by turning on your WiFi extender from Netgear.
- Set the Access Point mode on your Netgear range extender if it has an Access Point or Extender switch.
- Select an Ethernet cable now, and use it to connect your Netgear extender to the host router.
- Afterward, turn on your computer.
- Open a web browser, such as Apple Safari, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, etc.
- Place the cursor in the web browser’s URL field.
- Enter mywifiext.net there.
- Press Enter.
- Your Netgear WiFi extender’s admin page will be shown.
- Enter the extender’s default login and password here.
- Select Log In from the menu.
- The screen will show the Netgear Genie smart setup wizard.
- You will be prompted to confirm the installation type at this point.
- Choose the Access Point option as a result.
- Several prompts will now appear on the screen.
- Complete the Netgear extender access point setup by paying close attention to the on-screen instructions.
Netgear Extender Setup Access Point
- You need to plug your Netgear extender into a functional wall outlet.
- Your Netgear extender’s connection to the host router needs to be impenetrable.
- Ensure that Netgear_ext is accessible to you.
- The Ethernet wire used to connect your WiFi devices shouldn’t have any cuts in it.
- Neither a firewall nor an antivirus programme should be running concurrently with the Netgear extender access point setup.
- An updated version of the web browser must be used to set up the Netgear extender as an access point.