In the world of tech, there’s no bigger error than Megapersonal Error 701, more commonly known as MPE. This error stops your computer in its tracks and can freeze your whole system for up to five minutes at a time before restarting on its own accord. For such an ominous sounding problem, MPE isn’t all that complicated to fix; but there are several different ways that the issue can occur, making it difficult to determine which one applies to you or what steps you need to take next.
1) Restart your device
Megapersonal error 701 is most likely an issue with your device. The first thing to do is restart your device by powering it down and then powering it back up. If that doesn’t work, you can also try resetting your network settings. If neither of these things work, the next step would be to restore the factory settings on the phone. You can do this by going through the following steps:
-Backup all data before proceeding
-Go into Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings
-Restore from iCloud or iTunes Backup Make sure you’ve backed up any important information and then select Restore from iCloud or Restore from iTunes backup. Follow the instructions to complete this process.
-Reset Network Settings: Tap on Settings > General > Reset; tap Network; and tap Reset Network Settings.
2) Check the time
It’s an all too common occurrence, but what is megapersonal error 701? You’re in the middle of writing an email or typing on your computer and all of the sudden you get this message: Megapersonal error 701. To fix it, you’ll need to restart your device.
1) Turn off your device by holding down the power button for 10 seconds. 2) Hold down the power button again until it turns back on. 3) Check if you can open your email or write another document without any errors. 4) If not, try restarting your device one more time. 5) If that doesn’t work, turn off your Wi-Fi connection. 6) Wait 15 minutes before turning it back on again. 7) And lastly, call Apple Support and have them walk you through the process!
3) Clear App Caches
1. Clear the app’s cache and data by going into Settings on your iPhone, then find the application and select Clear Cache and Clear Data.
2. Reboot your phone by holding down the power button until you see a slider with options like Reboot, Restart, and Shut Down. Slide it to the right until you see a picture of an arrow pointing upwards.
3. Turn off or uninstall any apps that might be causing problems with your device, as they may be using up too much memory or processing power, which can lead to megapersonal error 701. You can do this by going into Settings -> General -> iPhone Storage -> (select an app) -> Delete App.
4) Connect your device to power
Megapersonal errors typically happen because of the battery dying. Plug in your phone and try again. If that doesn’t work, uninstall then re-install the app and see if it helps. You can also hard reset your device if the problem is more stubborn, but only do that as an absolute last resort! Megapersonal errors are frustrating, but with these 7 fixes you should be able to get back up and running in no time. Let us know how you fix your megapersonal error by commenting below! There was nothing I could do other than turn my laptop off, unplug everything for 30 minutes, plug everything back in, power on my laptop, hope for the best. It booted up without any problems – fortunately this was enough to help me out of this mess!
We found ourselves with another computer connected via HDMI cable and wanted to use it instead. But when we tried opening our account on the second computer (through the web) we were greeted with the same message: Your device ID has been used already. We attempted powering down our iPad (multiple times) before trying turning off Wi-Fi entirely (on both devices). After turning off Wi-Fi on both devices we were able to access our account through Chrome.
5) Perform a Hard Reset on your device
A megapersonal error is generally caused by not updating your device with the latest operating system updates. If you’re experiencing this issue, it’s likely that your device needs an update. To fix this error, you’ll need to perform a hard reset on your device. This will erase all data on your phone and bring it back to factory settings. Before performing the hard reset, make sure you have backed up all of the data you want to keep so it doesn’t get lost forever!
6) Send in an Error Report if it continues to happen
Megapersonal error 701 is usually caused by a problem with your device’s connection to the servers. This can be fixed by following these steps:
-Check your data connection. If you’re on Wi-Fi, try connecting with your cellular data provider. If that doesn’t work, power off and turn on your device again.
-Restart the game and restart the app.
-If this still does not fix the problem, please follow the steps in our megapersonal error troubleshooting guide for more suggestions or email us at