The number of businesses in Alberta decreased significantly during the pandemic. But now that things are getting better, companies are also gradually increasing.
And as of July 2021, there are already 117,399 active businesses in the province. While the total number is still shy of the pre-pandemic count, some cities, such as Calgary and Edmonton, have a higher number of businesses operating today – more than they had before the pandemic.
Unfortunately, with the rise of businesses also come with various legal problems, making business property lawyers in Alberta crucial in business operations.
But how can business property lawyers help business owners in running their companies?
What is a Business Property Lawyer?
A business or commercial property lawyer specializes in commercial property legislation. They deal with the use and management of property, such as land and structures used for business operations, and follow the commercial property law.
So, if you have a restaurant, bar, clinic, office, or any commercial space in Alberta, you will surely need the expertise of a business property lawyer. Moreso if you plan on buying, selling, and renting property as an owner or investor.
Remember that your lawyer should be with you from the start of negotiations, so you can ensure no disputes arise from the transaction. Or, in case there are problems, your lawyers can protect you and your business.
How can Business Property Lawyers Help?
Running a business in Alberta requires in-depth knowledge of how the commercial industry works to avoid trouble with the law and optimize your business to gain maximum profit.
Unfortunately, many business owners fail to recognize the importance of legal professionals, specifically business property lawyers, and avoid their services altogether. But before you make this mistake, first, you need to know how property lawyers can help secure your business and make it grow.
Here are some ways a business property lawyer can help:
1. They can give you the best advice based on your interests when planning to purchase or sell any property related to your business.
2. They can guide you in future land and property investments for the best decisions.
3. You can seek their expertise when planning to add or remove structures or facilities to your existing property.
4. They can help you solve disputes with tenants who are renting your property.
5. They can assist you in running your property portfolio and managing the licenses required for the business property.
6. They can represent you when external property investors want to discuss or negotiate transactions.
7. They can provide sound advice for plans involving a commercial property with an adjoining residential property.
8. You can consult them for any plans and funding regarding commercial properties.
There are many ways business property lawyers can help business owners in Alberta. They are not simply there to help you when you face problems with your business. They help you avoid risks and prevent liabilities.
If you don’t have a property lawyer, you might find yourself amid a lawsuit or a run-in with the law. Then, you’ll face penalties and lose assets. Worse, your business might be forced to close.
Before any problems happen, it’s best to arm your business with the best commercial property lawyer.