Christmas in christmas in the zoo indianapolis the zoo is a unique tradition that allows visitors to celebrate the holidays while looking at exotic animals. This year, the Indy Zoo is celebrating its 55th anniversary, and they are doing it big! From elaborate Christmas displays to festive food items, there’s something for everyone at the Indy Zoo this season. If you’re looking for a festive and fun way to spend your holiday weekend, be sure to check out the Indy Zoo this Christmas.
Why go to the zoo on Christmas?
Zoos offer something for everyone on Christmas. For the young, there are thrilling animal exhibits to explore. For the adults, there are festive displays of lights and decorations. And for the little ones, there are holiday-themed activities like caroling and story time.
If you’re looking for something a little more festive than a traditional Christmas pageant, head to your local zoo. There’s always something happening at the zoo on Christmas Day – from special animal performances to festive displays and events.
And if you’re wondering what to do on Christmas Eve, don’t miss our list of zoos with holiday fun hours! Many zoos have special evening programming including family-friendly shows and activities, food trucks, live music and more. So whether you’re looking to enjoy some Christmastime revelry or just spend some time with your loved ones under magical winter skies, a visit to your local zoo is sure to be a highlight of your holiday season!
What to expect at the zoo on Christmas Day
Looking to celebrate Christmas in the zoo this year? Here’s what you can expect! The Indianapolis Zoo will be open from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Christmas Day, and admission is free for all visitors! In addition, there will be special holiday events and attractions available, including live music, a candy cane decorating contest, and 26 gingerbread houses set up throughout the zoo. carnivore ambassador christopher haag will also be on hand to talk about his favorite animal during the day! If you’re looking for something special to do on Christmas Day, the Indianapolis Zoo is definitely worth checking out!
10 things to do at the zoo on Christmas
1. Visit the animal exhibits – see the wildlife up close and learn about their habits during winter.
2. Listen to Christmas stories read by zoo animals – participate in an interactive sing-a-long or get a photo with your favorite furry friend!
3. Make some holiday crafts – create a festive wreath, ornament, ornaments, ornaments out of tree branches, and more!
4. Feed the animals – many of the zoo’s animals are hungry during December, so don’t forget to provide them with food treats!
5. Learn about Christmas traditions from around the world – find out about Hanukkah at the zoo, experience Yuletide in Australia, and more!
6. Shop for unique holiday gifts – items like Indianapolis Indian Claus cookies, Indianapolis Colts sweatshirts, and Indianapolis Zoo mug can be perfect presents for friends and family!
7. Enjoy a warm cup of hot chocolate or soup inside one of the zoo’s cozy buildings while taking in all of the festivity outside—it’s sure to be a winter wonderland!
8. Watch traditional holiday movies inside the zoo’s theaters – this year’s offerings include The Grinch (on December 5th), Elf (on December 17th), and The Polar Express (on December 24th).
9. Celebrate Christmas Eve by attending one of several special events happening at local churches throughout Indiana on December 24th including caroling performances, family gatherings, midnight mass…the
How to get a discount at the zoo on Christmas
Looking for a way to keep the Christmas spirit alive this year while at the zoo? Check out our discount offers below!
To get started, visit our Zoo website and sign in. From there, select “Events & Families” and find the event you’re interested in. You’ll see all of our discounted ticket offers below.
Once you’ve found your event, head over to our online Ticket Office to purchase your tickets. You may also call us at (317) 237-9070 and ask about purchasing tickets over the phone. Note that off-peak times offer discounts on tickets as well!
We hope you enjoy your holiday at the Indianapolis Zoo!
Where to stay near the zoo on Christmas
If you’re looking for a place to stay near the Indianapolis Zoo on Christmas, you’ve come to the right place. Here are five great options:
1. The Indiana State Fairgrounds – This is the perfect option for those who want to be close to the zoo but also want some extra amenities. The fairgrounds have plenty of restaurants, shops, and other attractions nearby, making it a great place to spend Christmas Day.
2. The Marriott City Center – This is another great option for those who want to be close to the zoo without having to break the bank. The hotel has plenty of amenities including a heated pool and fitness center, making it an ideal spot for a relaxing holiday weekend.
3. Holiday Inn Express & Suites Indianapolis North – If you’re looking for a budget-friendly spot near the zoo, this is definitely it. The hotel offers free WiFi and breakfast every morning, perfect if you’re trying to save some cash while still enjoying all that the city has to offer.
4. Courtyard by Marriott Downtown Indianapolis – Another top-rated hotel in downtown Indy, this one offers excellent value for your money. It has a variety of restaurants and shops within walking distance, as well as free parking available onsite.
10 best places to eat at the zoo on Christmas
The Indianapolis Zoo is packed with festive fun all during December. From festive meals to special gifts, here are 10 of the best places to eat at the zoo on Christmas.
Christmas Feast at the Gorilla House: This family-friendly feast features a buffet of holiday favorites like ham, turkey, and dressing, as well as a specially made pudding for each guest. The event runs from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m., and tickets are $25 per person (plus tax and gratuity).
The Polar Express: This popular dining experience offers guests a unique twist on traditional Christmas fare. The train ride through the zoo gives you an up-close look at some of the animals while you enjoy a festive meal served in their habitats. The meal includes roast beef, garlic mashed potatoes, green beans, carrots with ginger glaze, gravy cake and ice cream for dessert. It’s $39 per adult (plus tax and gratuity) and reservations are required.
Wine & Dine on Santa’s Sleigh at Africa USA: Join chef Roy Gallina as he prepares a four-course festive feast for your favorite reindeer sleigh passengers including roasted prime rib with horseradish sauce; chicken marsala with béarnaise sauce; oven roasted potatoes; mixed vegetables with cranberry vinaigrette; and chocolate pecan pie à la mode served with whipped cream frosting. Tickets cost $79 per person plus tax and gratuity (early booking
10 best places to buy gifts at the zoo on Christmas
If you’re looking for a last-minute gift idea, the Indianapolis Zoo is definitely a place to check out! Here are 10 of the best places to buy gifts at the zoo on Christmas:
1. The Safari Shop: This store has a variety of animal-themed gifts, from ornaments to stuffed animals.
2. The Indiana Cave & Karst exhibit: This exhibit features some awesome cave decor and t-shirts that are perfect for those who love rocks and caves.
3. The Gorilla Habitat: If you’re shopping for someone who loves gorillas, this is the place to go! They have a variety of souvenirs, including mugs and key chains.
4. The Children’s Zoo: If you’re looking for something more kid-friendly, head over to the Children’s Zoo! There are lots of fun toys and games here, perfect for the little ones in your life.
5. The Polar Express Train: If you’re looking for something special and unique, consider getting a gift certificate for tickets on the Polar Express Train! It’s an unforgettable experience no matter what age you give it to!
6. The Rain Forest: If your loved one loves nature, they’ll love getting a gift certificate to spend time in the Rain Forest! There’s plenty of wildlife to see here, as well as beautiful scenery.
7. Moose Hill Preserve: This preserve is home to plenty of animals that
Why attend a holiday light show at the zoo?
Zoos throughout the United States offer a festive holiday light show each year. Visitors can stroll through exhibits full of animatronic animals while listening to holiday music and enjoying displays of dazzling lights. There are even Christmas trees in some zoos, making it the perfect place to spend a festive evening.
How to celebrate Christmas at the Indianapolis Zoo!
The Indianapolis Zoo is a perfect place to celebrate Christmas. The zoo has a huge tree, lots of festive decorations, and delicious food options. Here are some ideas on how to celebrate Christmas at the Indianapolis Zoo:
1.Visit the zoo during regular operating hours from November 24th through December 30th to experience all of the holiday cheer.
2. Purchase your tickets ahead of time and enjoy many exclusive benefits including discounts on merchandise, special exhibits, and more!
3. Arrive early and take advantage of the festive atmosphere in front of the Tree of Life exhibit before it gets too crowded.
4. Indulge in some festive eats including roasted goose leg with wild rice stuffing, marshmallow-dipped strawberries, and peppermint-crusted lamb chops.
5. Watch celebrations unfold throughout the zoo with live animal shows like “A Charlie Brown Christmas” or “Frosty the Snowman.”